So how is your connection at work these days? I’m not talking about the connection of your WIFI - I’m talking about face to face, REAL connection with people. If you are looking to win the game, then the most important thing to remember is: connection builds teams.
Connection creates a space of mutual engagement and a feeling that “I can trust you...that you have my back.” When you build connection with others, they know you care. This will likely form a space of caring and support even in the toughest of moments. Take a look around... who are you connected with and who do you need to engage so you can build a stronger connection?
Leaders take the lead when it comes to connection. So what’s my #1 advice for starting to connect? HAVE FUN. Here are some tips to do just that:
- Today, find something to make you belly laugh & share it.
- Stop focusing on what is wrong and focus on what is good.
- Tomorrow, do one thing that will make your work a lot more fun.
- If all else fails, buy a joke book and bring it to your meetings. Start the meeting with a good joke and change the entire meeting experience.
- Cartoons are also a great way to get people engaged.
- Take note: run is something you choose to create. It isn’t a “committee” and it doesn’t need a director.
- Do something spontaneously fun at work and see what happens around you.
- Put fun into your life vs. on your calendar (aka, walk the talk).
Connected, your community is stronger.
#Connection #Culture #Passion #Fun #Leadership #Tips #Meetings #Productivity #Work