To be All In requires your heart…
I was recently asked what role emotional intelligence plays in the 21st century workplace. My answer:
If you want employee engagement, you had best be an expert in emotional intelligence.
How do you strengthen your leadership effectiveness through improving your emotional intelligence?
- Find ways to connect with your people at a deeper level
- Listen more. Talk less. People want to feel heard and what they tell you tells you everything you need to know about them.
- What people value is what inspires them. Know what they value.
- Give people what they need not what you need.
- Find emotionally intimate moments to share who you are. To laugh together. To be humble together. To share your fears and understand theirs.
- Be supportive. Fear is within all of us. You don’t have to understand another person’s fears. Great leaders do accept them.
Lead from a place of love. There is nothing more valuable in a person’s life than love.
Where you give love, you receive it.
All my Love,