Being a leader is always invigorating and at times it is downright exhausting. When you think about leadership, you have to think about the many roles of a leader:
- Visionary: seeing what no one else sees in the winding road ahead
- Educator: you have to coach people to awaken their potential and the potential of your organization
- Innovator: you have to innovate to lead. Otherwise you are a follower
- Motivator: you have to inspire people to fanatically join in on your mission
- Communicator: clarity and focus of the mission, the work, and the priorities is how things get done. Conversations matter.
- Facilitator: moving people from point A to point B requires you to ensure execution
- Advisor: listening, mentoring, and being available builds deep commitment
Becoming a great leader really starts with learning, which comes in many forms. Reading, having a “life team” of people you go to and think with, failing, curiosity; the desire to never stop growing.
I need a nap!
Are you a Leader? Check out this great video: http://youtu.be/Z7O8s6NgAck
PS: Leadership is the HEART of intelligent revenue strategies. Find out how aspire has produced leadership development courses for company cultures just like yours. Any questions, let me know! email@example.com (all feedback welcome)