Throughout the past 12 months, Aspire (poweredbyaspire.com) has worked closely with hundreds of leaders. Many high-performing, and some not able to rise above the chaos of COVID-19. These leaders were across several industries, and approximately 42% found record-level performance. Through our work, we have been able to identify key attributes that high-performing leaders demonstrate.
Here are our top findings:
- Those who had an optimistic and confident mindset decreased the emotional stress of their teams. These leaders knew how to manage and dump (#DUMPHeadTrash) their own HeadTrash allowing them to stay positive and to listen with compassion.
- 100% of the high-performing leaders were also fanatical learners. They read, listened to podcasts, took MasterClasses, went to learning-oriented events. This allowed them to look at things differently, openly challenge the status quo, and get other leaders to do the same. Frugal innovation became the result of new ideas, and new ways of doing things became the norm. These leaders weren’t interested in what they knew. They were curious about what they didn’t know.
- Agility and the courage to take action. We saw some leaders hope that things would just get better. Leaders who were open saw things differently and were just more agile. They weren’t inclined to do it the same “old way,” and they were willing to take the risk that change requires.
- Clarity creates productive action. When people knew not just what was expected but also thought and prepared more effectively, it had a big impact. It seems logical, yet most people we modeled reacted to chaos without thinking through what matters most and how we do this most productively. When people have clarity, they take productive action, and that action produces results. Results allow people to feel good about their contributions, increasing their sense of self-worth and engagement.
- The leaders with the greatest success (which goes beyond the bottom line) consider turnover, NPS, frugal innovation, process improvement, and moved from compassion. They listened more than ever before. They created dialogue and encouraged their leaders to solve team member problems with compassion. For example, these leaders allowed for flexible schedules to help with decreased bus schedules or team members being their children's teacher to support groups and other approaches that helped others decrease their emotional stress. Compassion communicates gratitude, and gratitude makes us all feel good.
Live All in, Renie
P.S. Need some inspiration and tools on how you can lead the way forward for your team? Sign up for the free Leading the Way Forward Podcast below. Each week you will receive one free lesson 5-minutes in length that gives you proven practical ways to take your leadership effectiveness to its next level.
#Aspire #leadership #leadershiptip #leadershipdevelopment #covid19 #mindset #teams #DUMPHeadTrash #disrupt #statusquo #frugalinnovation #agility #compassion #clarity #gratituden#NPS
Renie Cavallari, the CEO of Aspire, RCI Institute, and an organizational anthropologist, has been speaking worldwide to groups from 15 to 5000 for over 25 years. Her dynamic, storytelling approach skips the fluff, and Aspire's 96% client retention demonstrates her impact. Her expertise is in transforming results through people. She goes way beyond inspiration as her humorous, engaging, and proven performance improvement strategies have been transforming teams for decades. Renie has worked with thousands of leaders, uses real data, real-world situations, and provides practical action-oriented applications to help leaders shine. Renie's 6th book, HEADTRASH, the Leading Killer of Human Potential, is available on Amazon. For exclusive access to member-only resources, go to www.myheadtrash.com/vip. #DUMPHeadTrash
For over 25 years, Aspire, www.poweredbyaspire.com, is the execution and consulting arm of the RCI Institute, delivering customized training, leadership development services, and strategic cultural alignment to optimize individual and team performance. Known as a transformational-training company that delivers measurable performance improvement, Aspire develops people at all levels of an organization and has worked with thousands of companies worldwide. Aspire's work is the incubator to the RCI Institute's research, real-life practical applications, and modeling.
About RCI Institute
RCI, www.rciinstitute.com, is a real-life, practical applications research and learning lab focused on awakening human potential and igniting the human spirit to play all in. It creates research-based proprietary systems and tools around active thinking, People Technology™, and provides executive leadership coaching and certification that maximize leadership development potential.